SBL- A Transformative Solutions Company
India is an emerging global software hub and the country has many prominent players who have shaped its rapid strides in IT services. SBL is a notable name in the Indian IT sector providing highly relevant niche solutions and is a fastest-growing and leading knowledge organization in the country.
SBL- Its Core Areas and Business Ideas
SBL was established in Aug 2005, providing Genealogy services and national arcades, with a 30 member team in Kochi. While its primary business was genealogy and related services, it moved to Geospatial services while establishing a division for photogrammetry, Lidar and building information modelling in 2009. Today, the company has expertise in a wide range of areas covering ITES, Genealogy, Smart Technology Solutions, Geospatial Science, Business Transformation Services, and Virtual Reality.
With a unique combination of skill sets and expertise, the company now aims to establish as a top global knowledge organization with consistent focus on technology innovation. The company has a dedicated workforce of over 1000 people working with customers in 10 industry verticals, each moving to a common goal with functional synergy.
SBL Products and Solutions
SBL has grown to be a leading IT and BPM conglomerate providing smart solutions to companies worldwide and across diverse industry verticals. Its core focus is on customized services with innovative solutions that minimize operational costs and enhance the clients’ businesses. Its range of solution offerings include:
- Geospatial Services -- Photogrammetry Services, GIS Services, LiDAR Data Processing Services, Web GIS services, UAV Data Processing Services, and CAD Services
- Business Process Management - Claims Processing, Finance & Accounting, Research & Analysis, Image Editing, and Document Management
- IT Services-- Mobility application development, Custom application development, Testing Services, and Embedded solutions
- IT Solutions – DAMS, zingGo, eLegislator, SiPOS, Asset management, Fleet Management, and BPM Tools
Of these, some specific solution areas include GIS, Photogrammetry, LiDAR, UAV Data processing, Custom application development, Image Editing, Video Post-Production, Digitization & Archival Management, Business Process Management (BPM), Tablet Solutions, e-Governance Solution, App Development, ERP, and Genealogy.
The Trend-setting Products of SBL
- E-Parliament - An end-to-end enterprise solution which benefits the legislatures and Citizens
- Smart Waste – SBL’s Smart e – bin is a unique solution to collect the waste disposed of in the waste bins placed across the city, ensuring a smooth process of waste collection, transportation, and disposal.
- E-Dinette - a highly interactive tablet-based Menu and Order Management Solution for restaurants, hotels, cafés and pubs and diners.
- DAMS- is a web-based/kiosk platform to enable streamlining and managing of artefacts.
- SmartCONF – a simple end- to- end solution to planning, organizing and executing Conferences and Events and is a cloud-based framework that can be self-managed and customized.
- Bespoke Seafood Solution - a comprehensive, cost-effective and customized Seafood solution that systematizes, and manages the entire lifecycle of the Seafood business.
- SmartMerchant solutions - provides a full range of extensive features for automating the workflow of any organization
- SBL ERP - helps business manage their operations
Capabilities and Credentials
The live implementation of these solutions lends greater credence to the company’s capabilities. These include SBL’s role in the rebuilding of King's Cross railway station in London, working with the ordnance survey dept. and companies mainly in agriculture as well as infrastructure verticals.
The flagship product of SBL is the e-parliament solution that automates or digitally transforms the law-making bodies.
SBL implemented this solution in Himachal Pradesh (HP), India and provided diverse benefits and advantages such as saving 51 million sheets of paper annually or about 7000 trees, 6.3 million liters of water and 346,000 kg of carbon emissions and direct savings of about US$2.2 Million by avoiding printing, paper, and related overheads.
The company has gained accolades for its solutions, performances and their larger significance. The higher civil service award from Himachal Pradesh for implementing the E-parliament solution is a proud addition to the collection apart from the honour of being selected by the Prime Minister for the E-Parliament project implementation on mission mode of nation-wide implementation in India. SBL’s ISO (9001:2008 & 27001:2013) accreditation and professional certifications and industry memberships with CII, NASSCOM, and D&B are honours that reflect the trust of industry peers and customers.
SBL is now reaching out globally with presence in the US, UK, Middle East, India, and Australia to ensure that its customers get the best results cost-effectively. Its innovative solutions have served more than 200 including startups and Fortune 500 companies. SBL has to its credit 800 global projects and a 99.1% delivery within the deadline.
Its growing esteem among its customers is reflected in its customer retention of 98 % and annual execution of about 70 projects on average. The company owes its continued success to the strong and sincere leadership at all levels, especially at the top in the form of its founder and MD Mr. Gopakumar Pillai.
SBL- The Corporate Citizen
As a responsible corporate citizen SBL plays an equally significant and noteworthy role in community welfare. SBL runs an old age home for socially underprivileged and has been providing food for 1500 cancer patients since 2009. It also provides honorary employment for physically challenged people and education support to the socially backward students and education scholarships. The company has tie-ups with many charity organizations for CSR work especially for the benefit of select socially and economically backward people for their education and career.
The company practices women empowerment at its offices where women form almost 70% of the total employees and are trained and also provided work at home facilities. SBL believes that the positive impact the business creates is to be measured by the benefits others gain out of its success and the larger impact on society.
As we have seen above, the company has created a positive impact so far and promises much more in years to come. Undoubtedly SBL is a company that we need to keep a watch out for its solutions, technology and its larger social impact.
SITCO- Diversity and Expertise
SITCO or Sai International Trading Company is a multi-faceted business organization with deep roots in its attributes and delivers value and growth to the customers. It offers a range of products and services such as Agricultural, Manufacturing, Minerals and Chemicals, International Trading, Coir & Geo Textiles, and Business Consultation, Non-Conservation Energy Systems.
The Company and its Business Interests
SITCO was founded in 2003 with its headquarters in Al Nahda in Dubai, UAE. It specializes in export, trading, manufacturing, and business consultancy and has grown from a small home business to a business group with diverse operational domains. SITCO operates across 4 different continents and has business interests across over 10 different verticals. Some of its specific areas of interest include the trade of agricultural commodities, construction, manufacturing, factory plant & machinery, consumer products, import-export, and sustainable solar energy products.
A comprehensive list of SITCO’s business domains read as follows:
- Agricultural and Agro Products
- Natural Minerals and Chemicals
- Fiber Processing and Traditional Textile
- Frozen or Chilled Meat including Fish and the by-products
- Raw Materials for Animal Feed, fodder and other Ingredients
- Plant & Machinery provided on Turn-key basis
- Cashew Processing Plants
- Edible Oil Mills and Plants for Solvent Extraction
- Plants for Live & Tissue Culture
- Equipments for Hospital & Laboratory
- Sustainable Solar Energy Products
SITCO has specific divisions that focus on different products and offerings:
- Minerals and chemicals for diverse applications and include Sulphur, raw Ilmenite, Silica Sand, Coal, CPC (Calcined Petroleum Coke), PC (Petcoke) and industrial raw materials such as soap noodles and plastic raw materials.
- A range of coir products like Cocopeat, Mulch Mats, Seedling Cups, Grow Bags, Coir Logs, Ropes, Poles, Basket Liners, home furnishing items- Mats, Yarn, Mattresses etc. under Waxed, Cut and Bleached Grades.
- Plant and machinery for plastic and construction industries which include: Corrugated Sheet Plants, Iron Nail Making Plants and Mini Cement Plants.
- Agricultural equipment apart from commodities like Rice, Pulses, Spices, Coconut, Peanuts, and Cashew Nuts.
- Jute products such as bags, carpets, rugs, textiles, handicrafts, etc.
Its Processes and Services
Apart from such products and ‘entrenched’ industry areas SITCO is well known for its consultancy services. Here the company has over 1000 man-years of expertise and ‘hardcore’ relevant industrial experience that it leverages to offer services to other businesses. Over the years, the company has invested heavily in its infrastructure to enable the business units to become self-sustained with changing market dynamics and respond quickly to changing consumer preferences, demands and trends.
SITCO is supported by its skilled workforce, quality workplaces, internationally acclaimed machinery, well-defined processes backed by state-of-the-art technology that is future proof. The company has its sights focused on newer industry trends in different business domains and takes great efforts to update itself and stay ahead of the larger industry trend. This attribute enables it to actively collaborate and engage with its clientele and helps transform them into high-performance businesses.
SITCO has emerged as a leading business conglomerate in addition to its growing presence overseas. Industry watchers identify the company as a pioneer to tap into India’s vast agricultural wealth and the export high-quality agricultural produce at affordable prices. However, what differentiates the company is its ‘zero-compromise’ on recognizing the hard work of farmers and its intent to contribute to it.
The Organization Focus
The company focuses on continuously improving its customer satisfaction levels with a steadfast focus on its quality assurance policies, cost optimization and efficiency improvement in resource procurement, proactive commitment to delivery schedules and highly organized teamwork. Its assurance of high-quality products and smooth service to its customers and partners has been recognized globally over the years, making it one of the most sought after export partners in India.
The company thus combines its wide experience, deep insight on numerous industry trends and business functions. This is complemented by its substantial investment and focus on the right technology and the right people that have helped streamlined SITCO’s business and become a highly customer-centric organization. Its high-quality products and service delivery have helped the company develop and nurture a long-standing relationship over the years with all its customers, clients, vendors and partners.
SITCO has been successful in maintaining the integrity of the business relationships on the strength of its robust quality frameworks and trained relationship executives. Its dedicated quality assurance teams coordinate with infrastructure units to constantly monitor them for high-performance. Its team of engineers ensures that the infrastructure can be scaled up to meet peak season demand.
SITCO’s vendors are connected with the company through robust channels to dynamically respond to businesses needs from time to time. The company ensures that all its shipments go through a third-party inspection by leading international inspection agencies like BV, TUV, SGS or any agency that the buyer recommends to make it more transparent for customers.
Its strong customer focus and commitment are evident in its efficient business processes, industry-recognized business practices and a skilled workforce. This has delivered substantial ROI for client’s investments and their own end consumers in highly competitive and dynamic markets.
SITCO follows a service model and its products and services reach worldwide from its delivery centers in Mumbai and Kerala. SITCO’s quality focus and standards are outlined by the ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO 14001: 2005 certifications that the company has received. It is a registered member of the Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO) and DGFT.
A company with a strong and diverse business base and entrenched business values and commitments surely indicate an organization that is staunch and firm. It is clearly one to watch out for, to deliver greater and sustained business value.